Sunday, January 12, 2014

Welcome!

Hello!! My name is Brittany Peters and I am a freshman here at SCU! I am currently a Public Health major with plans of some day going into the medical field. I am rowing on SCU Women's rowing team. I have been rowing 4 years (this will be my 5th), and was recruited to row here my senior year of high school.

So where am I from? Well, I am actually from a small suburb in Chicago. I am sure that you all will hear my accent eventually. It's pretty obvious that I am from the Midwest.

As for hobbies and interests, I like doing a lot different things. When I am not rowing, I am usually hanging out with friends, taking pictures, baking, cooking, reading (yes, I enjoy reading.), laughing (mostly at myself), cracking jokes, listening to Katy Perry, traveling, watching movies, and playing sports. I am a pretty busy person, and I like it that way!


Lastly, I am a very happy go-lucky person. I love making people laugh and making people smile. My jokes are never funny, but I try. I am also very talkative, so do not hesitate to talk to me. My mom always jokes that I talk too much. Besides my constant desire to talk and laugh, I am a determined person. I never give up, and I thank rowing for that. I enjoy pushing myself and those around me.

Well, I can't wait to get to know all of you!

Stay cool,
Brittany

6 comments:

  1. Brittany, I love having a fellow Illinoisan in the class. I'm not sure about you, but growing up in the Midwest definitely had a huge impact on who I am as a person and is one that I am very proud of. How neat that you got recruited to SCU from rowing - how did you get started with it? Did your high school have it or was it a local club team? Glad to have you in the class and looking forward to getting to know you better throughout the quarter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go Illinois!! I got started with rowing my freshman year of high school after watching it in the Olympics. I just knew that I had to try it :) As for my team, I rowed for my high school

      Delete
  2. Props to being a student athlete. I played soccer while in college and know the time commitment that is invovled, so kudos to you. It is good to hear the determination and tenacity that you gained from sports, you will definately be able to apply that to your time here at Santa Clara. I actually have some family outside of Chicago, in Dalton...? I think that is what its called. I look forward to getting to know you better through the quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brittany- enjoyed your post. What kind of movies would you say you are intested in?

    ReplyDelete