Saturday, February 15, 2014

Living Positively

After looking for an essay that I could relate to, I found an an essay that stuck out to me, "Happiness is a Choice". This essay was written by a man named Aaron Huntington who grew up being blind. In his essay, he talks about the struggles that he faced with his visual impairment. Rather than dwelling on the disadvantages associated with blindness, he chooses to focus on the blessings in his life. This is something that I have chosen to do for a long time. By having a positive attitude, life is more enjoyable. You are the only that can control your happiness, despite what curve balls life decides to throw you.
______________________________________________________________________________

I believe in the power of inspiration. I have found that by becoming inspired by those around me, I have made positive changes to my life. I am inspired almost everyday by those around me, whether it is by my classmates, teammates, friends, strangers, or by people successful in their field.

My biggest inspiration is my mom. Yeah, I know.. I already mentioned how much I love my mom in my last post.. but she's pretty awesome. She has inspired me to be the strong hard-working person that I am today, and for that I am very thankful.

Inspiration plays a large role in my life. I believe that people affect the way others feel and can influence others in a positive manner. For me, I look to my classmates to push me to be a better student. I look to my teammates to motivate me to improve and set new personal records. I look to those who are successful to inspire me to work hard so that I can achieve my dreams.

By having many inspirations, I have been able to do things that I never knew were possible for me. I have pushed my limits and worked my hardest. Without inspiration, I would not have found my passions that I have today. Without inspiration, my life would not be as exciting or happy as it is.

With that said, I hope to spread this gift with those around me. I hope to inspire the world one day.


6 comments:

  1. I believe that you do spread your gift and will inspire the world someday!! This I believe! I loved your "this I believe" essay. It makes me really happy that you care about your mom so much; I feel the same way as you since I also adore my mom and love her with all of my heart. I agree that having many inspirations will help a person to push themselves and succeed even more than they would otherwise. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you related inspiration to everyday life. I have never thought about it like that. Thank you for the new insight! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing Brittany. It is great that find inspiration in many areas of your life, as I have found inspiration from several individuals as well that push me to keep pursuing my goals and dreams. Remember, you are also an inspiration for others around you and you may not even know it. That is how we are leaders all day, every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more with the article you chose from "This I Believe". Happiness is indeed a choice and as people have already mentioned above, it's awesome how you're integrate positive thoughts and inspiration into your everyday life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely agree with you Brittany! For me what's greatest is that it goes both ways--you become inspired by those all around you, and your actions equally inspire everyone around you. I get great inspiration from my mom too and your post was a nice reminder of how much our moms do for us every day. :)

    ReplyDelete