Sunday, February 23, 2014

Slow Down

I am a very energetic person with a racing mind. This makes communicating for me relatively difficult at times. With thoughts running at 10,000 miles an hour, it can be difficult at times to get all of my thoughts out while still making sense to those around me (you may even see this in my posts, sorry!). Because of this, I have learned to slow myself down both when thinking and speaking. By taking the time to think organize my thoughts better, I have found that it is a lot easier to communicate with those around me. Not only has slowing down helped my ability to get my point across to other people, but it has improved my listening ability. Rather than letting my thoughts race, I have learned to focus more on what other people are saying. Listening is just as important as communication. If we could all take the time to slow down and listen to what others have to say, we can not only learn from others but be a good friend to that person. Everyone values a person who can listen.


"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." -Winston Churchill

4 comments:

  1. I think what you said about listening is so important. Often people think of communicating as just one sided. I like how you focused on both sides. Communicating is listening and taking in others information as much as taking in your own. I can also relate to thoughts running 10,000 miles per hour. I often say I'm thinking it will go faster if I do it in my head. It is hard to process all the information to listen to others, so I like the idea of slowing down the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany I think you bring up some very important and intellectual ideas. Slowing down is always a great key for better understanding and better cooperation. I do agree that everyone values a person who can listen and think it should be more prominent in society. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany, I totally agree with your blog this week! I definitely said the same things in my blog for the week; listening is key when trying to communicate with others! And people who listen are definitely worth talking to and valued.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely agree. Same thing I learned too! It's awesome to listen

    ReplyDelete